Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just Some Thoughts (Part II) haha

Hi Revelations! Its me again :)
Anyway, I was just looking (just realised it existed) at the verse at the DailyBread Corner, and it really shook me.

I was thinking about live/cell groups and why is it actually even important for us to come together be it in your own cell in church or in CF. Relating to my last devotionSeventeen, our life on earth is not an easy one as we're thrown with temptations everywhere right from the moment we wake up in the morning. Just think about it...

1) In the morning - Quiet time or TV? But TV sounds more interesting and...my favourite program is on now!
2) Gathering with friends or church meeting? But...my friends are more interesting!
3) Church or sleep-in later? Im really tired and I dont think I'll be able to concentrate even if I go to church like this!
4) Money to get my new MP3 or for offering? MP3 does seem like a more worthwhile investment.

I think Jesus is like an anchor of the ship and brothers and sisters in Christ are like life-buoys. We need one another to remind us what we are here for and to pull us back when we've drifted far out into the sea.

We need God and one another in our lives as no man is infallible (in our walk with Him) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely need companions on this tiresome journey. We were made for companionship!!! Adam was with Eve. Moses had Aaron and Hur. Jesus had the Twelve. Jin Cong have church, children church, cell, CF, friends, siblings and parents and God =) I'm so glad I'm made for companionship *smiles*