Saturday, February 16, 2008

DevotionTWO: Paralyzed By People

Good morning everyone! :)

Im amazed that this blog is already up with posts in such a short while! I hope this will serve as another platform for us to testify and share how God has been so real and gracious in our lives, your prayer requests, how your week has been (whether its good or bad) or even tell us how you spent your Valentine's Day/ Birthday/Annivesary! :D

Anyway, this morning's short passage from Psalm 56: 3-11 has encouraged me alot. I hope it does for U too.


Psalm 56: 3-11
3When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?...10 In God, whose word I praise,... 11 in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Have you ever felt if decisions u made were affected by people around you? For the reason that you were afraid to face rejection or the lack of validation from others if you had done otherwise? Or try to please people more than God?

The psalmist acknowledges his source of direction and strength and the objective of his worship. Its not a person. Its GOD! He's not going to allow the fear of man to hinder him or to restrict him.

We should look beyond the individual and keep our eyes on Him. For isnt God greater than even the most powerful person in this world? HE is the one who holds our destiny, so dont give that power of our destiny and outcomes to people. Give that power and recognition to God :)

Fear God, not men.

No comments: